Completed: Novemeber 14th, 2010
Description: Built to Passive House Standards but not certified. This house is 1665sf with 4 big bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, Custom Cabinets with granite countertops, bamboo hardwood floors, and ceramic tile.
Energy Efficiency Features: This house is should be considered a net zero home meaning the power will be $0.00 or very close to it. The house is tied to the grid and will have a small power due to power company transmission fees that usually run 12.00 to 15.00 dollars.
- Meets Passive House Principles. To see what they are see our green building page and click on the Passive House Page.
- Passive Solar
- Evacuated Tube Thermal Solar Hot Water Heater
- 3Kw grid tied Photovoltaic Solar Panel System
- Superinsulated – Walls are an R-50 and ceiling is an R-60 with closed cell spray foam for air sealing.
- Mitisbuishi Mini Split 15,000 btu heat pump was all that was needed to heat and cool this home but this unit has the capability to ramp down to 30% of capacity which is important because the actual haeting and cooling load for this building is around 4000 btus
- All Energy Star appliances